Sweet and comforting applesauce is an autumnal treat that can be enjoyed any time of year, but taking advantage of in-season apples will yield extraordinary results. Load all the ingredients into a pan and let Suvie take care of the cooking. Nearly any type of apple will work (although we don’t recommend red delicious). If you like, simmer a cinnamon stick with the apples for a hint of heat or leave it out to enjoy the apples on their own.
Easy Apple Sauce
- 2 lbs apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
1) Stir apples, sugar, salt, and water together in a Suvie pan until sugar dissolves.
Add the cinnamon stick if using. Place Suvie pan into your Suvie.
Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
2) After the cook, remove cinnamon stick from pan. Mash applesauce to desired consistency or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
3) Adjust seasoning to taste with sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Allow applesauce to cool to room temperature before serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 130, Total Fat 0g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 95mg, Total Protein 1g