Sweet and comforting applesauce is an autumnal treat that can be enjoyed any time of year, but taking advantage of in-season apples will yield extraordinary results. Load all the ingredients into a pan and let Suvie take care of the cooking. Nearly any type of apple will work (although we don’t recommend red delicious). If you like, simmer a cinnamon stick with the apples for a hint of heat or leave it out to enjoy the apples on their own.
Easy Apple Sauce
- 2 lbs apples, cored, and chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
1) Stir apples, sugar, salt, and water together in a Suvie pan until sugar dissolves.
2) Add the cinnamon stick if using. Place Suvie pan into your Suvie.
3) Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) After the cook, remove cinnamon stick from pan. Mash applesauce to desired consistency or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
5) Adjust seasoning to taste with sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Allow applesauce to cool to room temperature before serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 130, Total Fat 0g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 95mg, Total Protein 1g