We’re bringing the classic meatball sub home with Suvie. There’s no need for takeout when the recipe is this easy. Simply sous vide our delicious pre-sealed meatballs (or vacuum seal and cook your own), warm up your favorite marinara sauce, broil the rolls until golden brown, fill the rolls with meatballs, and then top with melty provolone. If you’d like to double this recipe we recommend cooking the meatballs directly in the marinara sauce on the Slow Cook setting for 2 hours on low.
Note: The rolls you choose will dictate how many meatballs you need. An 8-inch sub roll can hold 4 meatballs, whereas a 6-inch sub roll can hold about 3 meatballs.
Easy Meatball Subs
1) If using your own meatballs, vacuum seal, and then place in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie. Pour marinara sauce into a Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie.
2) Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 160°F for 1 hour
3) Remove pans from Suvie. Cut rolls halfway through (without completely cutting through to the other side) and assemble, cut-side up, in two clean, dry Suvie pans. Broil for about 5 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking, until golden.
4) While the rolls toast, remove meatballs from their packaging and stir them into the marinara sauce.
5) Remove rolls from your Suvie. Cut slices of provolone in half. Fill each roll with 3-4 meatballs, spoon extra marinara over meatballs, and top each serving with a slice of provolone cheese. Divide subs between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 680, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 68g, Total Sodium 1300mg, Total Protein 34g