Making steamed dumplings is easy with the Suvie Starch Cooker. Choose your favorite brand of store bought dumplings and serve them with your own homemade dipping sauce. This recipe is great as an appetizer, side dish, or served alongside a larger meal.
Easy Steamed Dumplings with Homemade Dipping Sauce
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen dumplings, about 10 total
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic chili paste
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
1) Pour ½ cup water into the Suvie rice pot. Grease Suvie starch strainer with cooking spray and set it within the prepared rice pot. Arrange frozen dumplings in the strainer.
2) Cover pot with lid and place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Steam for 20 minutes
3) Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, ½ tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp garlic chili paste, and 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallions.
4) Once dumplings have finished cooking, remove from Starch strainer, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.