This recipe brings together everything you love about everything bagels in a quiche! Puff pastry is flaky, buttery, and a personal favorite for breakfast baked goods. The dough is seasoned with an everything bagel spice blend. If you can not find a ready-made spice blend at your local shop, simply combine an even amount of dried onion, dried garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt (even if you make more than what is required in this recipe, this spice mix is nice to have for all sorts of seasoning opportunities). The quiche filling contains all of those popular bagel toppings: smoked salmon, red onion, capers, and scallions. A little bit of lemon zest in the quiche batter delivers a nice citrusy touch.
Everything Bagel Puff Pastry Quiche
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- ½ tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp everything bagel spice blend
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- ½ lemon, zested and cut into wedges
1) Place the puff pastry sheet on a clean, lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the top of the pastry sheet evenly with 1 tbsp of everything bagel spice. Using a rolling pin, gently roll the pin over the dough, pressing the spice mixture into the pastry. Flip the sheet over, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp everything bagel spice, and gently roll to press mixture into dough.
2) Line a Suvie pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Transfer the pastry sheet to the prepared pan, pressing the dough into the sides and corners of the pan. Whisk 1 egg in a large bowl and lightly brush the pastry in a thin coating of egg wash (you will have a lot of egg leftover, no worries, this will go into the quiche). Use a fork to gently poke holes in the crust. Place the pan in the top zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
3) While the pastry is baking, place the remaining 5 eggs in the bowl with the leftover egg wash, and whisk until beaten. Add ½ cup of heavy cream, ½ sour cream, pinch of salt, and pinch of black pepper to the bowl, whisking to combine. Chop or tear the 3 oz of salmon into small pieces and add to the bowl along with ¼ cup diced red onion, 2 tbsp capers, 2 tbsp scallions, and lemon zest (roughly 1 tsp of zest). Stir to combine the quiche batter.
4) Once the pastry has par-baked, remove the pan from your Suvie. Pour the quiche batter into the pan and return to the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes
5) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Once cooled, carefully remove the quiche from the pan, and portion into 4 slices.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 367, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 15g, Total Sodium 1497mg, Total Protein 15g.