This delicious vegetarian dish is packed with a medley of flavors and textures, including earthy porcini mushrooms, tart cranberries, salty feta, crunchy pumpkin seeds, tangy vinegar, and sweet squash. This recipe can either be slow cooked or roasted, allowing you to schedule it in advance or to prepare it when you’re short on time. Feel free to substitute any of the dried fruits or seeds with other varieties based on your preferences.
Feta and Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- ½ cup millet
- ½ oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1 chopped onion, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Insert into top of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
2) Arrange acorn halves in a second Suvie pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, and season with ¼ tsp salt and ½ ground black pepper.
3) Stir millet, 1 cup boiling water, and ½ oz dried porcini mushrooms into the onion mixture. Return pan to Suvie. Insert acorn squash into bottom of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 4 hours
Bottom Zone: Roast 350°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Roast 350°F for 45 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Stir 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp dried cranberries, 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese, and 2 tsp red wine vinegar into the millet mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between both acorn halves and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat g23, Total Carbohydrates 74g, Total Sodium 700mg, Total Protein 12g.