This simple and delicious cornbread is packed with sweet corn flavor. By using dry cornmeal in addition to corn kernels, you get tons of flavor in every bite. You can use either fresh kernels straight from the cob or thawed frozen kernels in this recipe. Slather your cornbread with salted butter for a delicious accompaniment to any meal.
Gluten Free Cornbread
- ¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free cornmeal, finely ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp salted butter, optional
1) In a large bowl, whisk together ¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour, ¾ cup gluten-free cornmeal, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper.
2) In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, combine ½ cup corn kernels, ¼ cup vegetable oil, and ½ cup maple syrup. Blend on high until pureed, about 1 minute.
3) Add corn mixture and buttermilk to bowl with dry ingredients, whisking until smooth. Let batter sit 5 minutes to allow cornmeal to hydrate. Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into the prepared pan and insert into the bottom of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 325°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 325°F for 0 minutes
4) Remove cornbread from Suvie and allow to cool completely, about 45 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with soft butter, if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 200, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 34g, Total Sodium 340mg, Total Protein 3g.