Green goddess salad dressing is brimming with bright herbal flavor that we can’t get enough of. Instead of pouring it over greens, we are serving up this delicious sauce on tender orecchiette pasta. If you’d like to make this dish vegan, omit the anchovies and substitute with a ½ teaspoon of soy sauce.
Green Goddess Pasta
- 10 oz orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 2 anchovy filets, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
1) Place 8 oz orecchiette pasta, 1 cup frozen peas, and 2 tsp salt in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
2) Combine 1 avocado, ½ cup packed fresh spinach leaves, ⅓ cup fresh chives, ⅓ cup fresh parsley, 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, 2 anchovy filets, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ cup water, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a blender. Process ingredients on low speed for 1 minute.
3) Stop blender and scrape down the sides. Process dressing on high until creamy and thick, about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Once the pasta has cooked, drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Pour green goddess dressing over the top, stirring to combine. Divide between bowls and top with lemon zest.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 400, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 61g, Total Sodium 630mg, Total Protein 11g.