Juicy chicken thighs, meat briny olives, and toothsome wheat berries come together perfectly in this flavorful dish. Thin slices of lemon are layered underneath the chicken and slow cooked until tender; the entire slice, peel and all, can be eaten. Slow cooking the chicken for over two hours ensures it is tender and infused with flavor. The pan liquid is then used to season the wheat berries for a pop of flavor in every bite.
Green Olive Chicken
- 12 oz boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ cup pitted green olives such as castelvetrano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives or parsley
1) Pat 12 oz chicken dry and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Cut half the lemon into thin slices and set the other half aside until Step 4. Arrange lemon slices along the bottom of a Suvie pan, overlapping slightly.
2) Arrange chicken on top of the lemon slices along with the garlic cloves and olives. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over the chicken. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low, 2 hours
3) Place wheat berries in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles) and insert into your Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Farro, 40 minutes
4) After slow cooking, broil chicken for 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking.
5) Remove pans from your Suvie. Season wheat berries with liquid from the chicken pan and divide between bowls. Top with chicken, olives, and garlic cloves. Season with fresh lemon juice and herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 630, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 70g, Total Sodium 420mg, Total Protein 49g