Have breakfast for dinner this week with our bagel and lox inspired salmon fillets. Use a pre blended everything bagel seasoning mix or make your own by combining 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, 1 tbsp poppy seeds, 1 tbsp dried minced garlic, 1 tbsp dried minced onion, and 1 tsp kosher salt.
Green Onion and Cream Cheese Salmon Fillets
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 8 oz Israeli couscous
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning blend
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped cucumber
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1) Season 4 salmon filets with salt and pepper, and vacuum seal. Place salmon in a Suvie pan, fill completely with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Place 8 oz Israeli couscous in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, Pearled Couscous, 2 cups
3) While the salmon cooks, mix 4 oz cream cheese and 1/4 cup green onion together in a medium bowl with a spatula. Set aside.
4) After the cook, remove salmon from Suvie pan, pat pan and salmon dry, and return salmon to the pan. Top salmon filets with cream cheese mixture and sprinkle 1 tbsp seasoning blend over cheese, lightly pressing seasoning blend into cream cheese. Return pan to bottom zone of Suvie, and broil 7-10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
5) During the broil, combine 1 1/2 cups cucumber, 1 1/2 cups tomato, couscous, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) After the broil, divide couscous salad and salmon between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 453, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 335mg, Total Protein 29g