These cheese encrusted, golden brown breakfast rolls make the perfect addition to any brunch line up. We’ve layered slices of ham and swiss cheese on top of store-bought pizza dough for a quick and easy savory take on the beloved cinnamon roll. After baking, these rolls are topped with a slightly sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce for an extra punch of flavor and beautiful photo-ready finish. If you want to make your own pizza dough for this recipe, you can follow our recipe here.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Rolls
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 14 oz pizza dough
- 8 swiss cheese slices
- 6 deli ham slices
1) In a medium bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, 2 tablespoon coarse Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, and 2 cloves garlic.
2) Grease your Suvie pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to make a 9″x14″ rectangle.
3) Arrange 8 slices of swiss cheese over the dough and top with 6 slices of ham.
4) Starting with the long side of the dough, gently roll the dough to the opposite edge, ensuring the filling stays in place. Slice the log into 8 individual rolls and place the rolls in the prepared pan. Load the pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 1 hour (Suvie 2.0), Bake at 400°F for 45 min (Suvie 3.0)
Top Zone: None
5) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and brush the butter mixture over the rolls. To serve, divide the rolls between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 592, Total Fat 29.7g, Total Carbohydrates 52.1g, Total Sodium 1218mg, Total Protein 27.1g