These are no ordinary pigs in a blanket. These porkers are bigger, bolder, flakier, and deserving of the name: Hogs in a Quilt! Make these sharable sausages part of your perfect summer menu and serve them with some of our cookout favorites, such as Tangy Tomato Baked Beans, Slow Cook Mac and Cheese, or Corn and Black Bean Salad. For this recipe we used monterey cheese and jalapeño chicken sausages, but feel free to choose any flavor of fully cooked sausage.
Hogs in a Quilt
- 4 fully cooked sausages, cut lengthwise ¾ of the way through
- 2 oz roasted red pepper, pat dry and sliced into ¼” strips
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 4 equal-sized squares
1) Fill 4 fully cooked sausages with ½ oz roasted red pepper.
2) Spread 1 tsp Dijon mustard evenly over each puff pastry square. Lay the sausage along the edge of the puff pastry square and tightly but gently roll up the pastry. Pinch the seam closed and place the roll seam side down in a Suvie pan. Repeat with the remaining sausages, placing 2 rolls per pan. Place the pans into Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
3) After cooking, remove the pans from your Suvie. To serve, divide the pastries between plates or arrange on a serving platter. Hogs in a quilt can be served whole, or sliced into bite-sized pieces.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 356, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 1127mg, Total Protein 17g