This warm salad is the perfect side dish for any meal. Sweet corn, earthy black beans, smoky chili powder, and red onion are slow cooked until softened and fragrant. We finish the salad with fresh lime juice and ample amounts of fresh cilantro for brightness and freshness. Serve this salad with Braised Chicken Thighs or Spiced Seared Pork Chops to complete the meal.
Corn and Black Bean Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 (15 oz) can black bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1) Combine black beans, corn kernels, chile powder, red onion, and olive oil in a Suvie pan, stirring to incorporate. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
2) After the cook, transfer black bean mixture to a large bowl with the lime juice, cilantro, and ½ tsp salt. Stir to incorporate. Adjust seasoning to taste. Divide between bowls and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 210, Total Fat 4.5g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 250mg, Total Protein 11g.