This version of meat and potatoes is for the garlic lovers who also appreciate the fragrant herbaceous aromas of slow cooking with fresh herbs. We’ve also doubled down on the honey glazing step to create a deep browning during the sear as well as a sweet juicy sauce when it’s all done. Add 30 minutes to the protein cook time for pork chops closer to 1 ½ inches thick to ensure proper cooking throughout the cut.
Note: We do not recommend scheduling this meal as the starch zone is not refrigerated and the potatoes are halved. If you would like to schedule this meal, use whole baby potatoes that are less than 2″ in diameter.
Honey and Garlic Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, 1 ¼” thick
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 24 oz baby tri-color potatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
1) Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and then transfer to a vacuum bag with the garlic, butter, and rosemary. Vacuum seal (here’s our DIY vacuum sealing guide). Place pork chops in a Suvie pan, load into upper right cooking zone, and cover with water.
2) Add potatoes to starch pan and load into bottom right cooking zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 140°F, 2 hours 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 35 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pork chops and smashed garlic from bag. Set pork aside for searing, and finely chop cooked garlic. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, chopped garlic, and salt.
4) Divide potatoes between two clean, dry Suvie pans. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Insert pans into the top zones of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes.
5) During broil, heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and use a brush to glaze chops with half of the honey garlic mixture. Sear pork chops in skillet for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Glaze with remaining honey garlic mixture. Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.
6) To serve, divide pork chops and potatoes between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 656, Total Fat 24.2g, Total Carbohydrates 40.5g, Total Sodium 96.6mg, Total Protein 62.1g