This version of meat and potatoes is for the garlic lovers who also appreciate the fragrant herbaceous aromas of slow cooking with fresh herbs. We’ve also doubled down on the honey glazing step to create a deep browning during the sear as well as a sweet juicy sauce when it’s all done. Add 30 minutes to the protein cook time for pork chops closer to 1 ½ inches thick to ensure proper cooking throughout the cut.
Honey and Garlic Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, 1 ¼” thick
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 24 oz baby tri-color potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
1) Season 4 pork chops with salt and pepper, and then transfer to a vacuum bag with the 5 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp butter, and 3 sprigs rosemary. Vacuum seal. Place pork chops in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide 140°F for 2 hours 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) Place 24 oz potatoes in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Place pan in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Cut, 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pork chops and smashed garlic from bag. Set pork aside for searing, and finely chop cooked garlic. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup honey, chopped garlic, and salt.
4) Divide potatoes between two clean, dry Suvie pans. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Insert pans into your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes.
5) During the broil, heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and use a brush to glaze chops with half of the honey garlic mixture. Sear pork chops in skillet for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Glaze with remaining honey garlic mixture. Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.
6) To serve, divide pork chops and potatoes between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 656, Total Fat 24.2g, Total Carbohydrates 40.5g, Total Sodium 96.6mg, Total Protein 62.1g