Milky, chocolatey, and creamy, hot cocoa is one of our favorite wintertime warmers. This recipe transforms your favorite toasty beverage into a sliceable, shareable bar with a crunchy crisp crust. We top our bars with mini marshmallows and broil to finish to complete the cozy vibe. Use high quality hot cocoa mix for the best results.
Hot Cocoa Bars
- 6 oz chocolate wafer cookies
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with aluminum foil so that the long edge of the foil extends over the edge of the pan. Spray foil.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, combine 6 oz chocolate wafer cookies, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, and a pinch of kosher salt. Process until sandy and coarse, about 1 minute. With motor running, stream in 6 tbsp melted butter and process until combined, about 30 seconds.
3) Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, watching closely to avoid burning (if cooking in Suvie 2.0, we recommend 10 minutes).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) In a large microwave safe bowl or 4 cup Pyrex, whisk together 1 cup hot cocoa mix, 3 cups milk, and 2 tbsp gelatin. Let sit 5 minutes.
5) Transfer hot cocoa mixture to the microwave and heat for 4-5 minutes until steaming. Whisk again and pour over the cooled crust. Transfer to the refrigerator and let set for 3 hours.
6) Remove hot cocoa bars from the refrigerator and top with mini marshmallows, pressing lightly to adhere. Return pan to Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, rotating from front to back until golden brown and toasted (watch carefully as this step can go quickly). Immediately remove pan from Suvie.
7) Remove bars with foil sling. Use a greased, serated knife to cut into squares.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 210, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 200mg, Total Protein 3g.