This rich and luscious cheesecake features labneh, a soft, rindless cheese similar to yogurt. The cheesecake crust is composed of classic graham crackers plus pistachios for additional nuttiness and crunch. Serve your labneh cheesecake with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of pistachios for a cool, creamy, and crunchy dessert that we hope everyone will enjoy.
Labneh Cheesecake with Pistachio Crust
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup crushed graham crackers (about 4 full sheets)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pistachios, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups labneh
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
1) In a large bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup chopped pistachios, granulated sugar, and ⅛ tsp kosher salt.
2) Make an aluminum foil sling by lining a Suvie pan with two sheets of aluminum foil, placing them perpendicular to one another and ensuring the foil extends beyond the long sides of the pan. Mist pan with cooking spray.
3) Transfer graham cracker mixture to prepared pan, pressing down to form a compact, even layer. Insert pan into Suvie and broil 5-7 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until fragrant and golden brown. Allow to cool while preparing the filling.
4) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine labneh, ⅓ cup sugar, and ½ tsp kosher salt. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5) With the mixer running, add eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture over the prepared crust and insert into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 hours
6) After the cheesecake has finished cooking, remove from Suvie and allow to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover pan, transfer to refrigerator, and allow to cool 4 hours or up to overnight.
7) To serve, using sling, remove cheesecake from pan. Cut into 8 pieces and garnish with additional pistachios and a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 160mg, Total Protein 8g