Keep it light and simple this summer with our comforting and veggie-friendly Lemon and Herb White Beans on Toast. For a tangy compliment to the savory beans, we’ve chosen to go with a sourdough boule, but any crusty bread will work just fine. Enjoy this recipe as a small plate appetizer or for a more complete meal, we suggest pairing this meatless dish with a large crunchy salad like our Green Bean Summer Salad or Beet, Barley, and Blue Cheese Salad.
Lemon and Herb White Beans on Toast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus extra for garnish
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1) Combine 1 can cannellini beans, 2 cups vegetable broth, 3 sprigs thyme, 2 sprigs rosemary, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a Suvie pan. Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) After cooking, remove pan from Suvie and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice.
3) Serve beans over toasted sourdough and garnish with fresh thyme, lemon juice, fresh pepper, and 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 1.6g, Total Carbohydrates 46.1g, Total Sodium 858.9mg, Total Protein 9g