This simple salmon recipe is loaded with delicious flavor. Salmon fillets are seasoned with a combination of lemon, capers, and butter, then sous vide until perfectly cooked and flake-tender. The tomato rice side dish is uniquely cooked in Suvie’s vegetable zone, timed right along with the salmon. This finished rice dish resembles a tomatoey risotto. A light sprinkle of fresh chives over the finished dish adds a nice verdant pop of flavor.
Lemon Caper Salmon with Tomato Rice
- 2 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 6 lemon slices
- 2 tsp capers
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
1) Pat the salmon dry with paper towels. Place salmon, lemon slices, capers, and butter in vacuum seal bags. Seal salmon using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place sealed salmon in a Suvie pan and fill halfway with water.
2) Place rice, tomato sauce, tomato paste, broth, and garlic in another Suvie pan, then, stir to combine. Place salmon in the top right zone of your Suvie. Place rice in the top left zone. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Setting
Protein: 130°F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove all the pans from your Suvie. Drain excess water from the protein pan, remove salmon from vacuum-sealed bag, and return to the pan, along with any juices remaining in the bag. Discard lemon slices and flake salmon into bite-sized pieces with a fork.
4) Season rice to taste with salt and pepper, stir to combine, then divide rice between 2 plates. Top rice with salmon and drizzle with pan sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 685, Total Fat 36g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 953mg, Total Protein 48g