Liguria is a region in the northwest part of Italy. One of Liguria’s biggest culinary contributions comes from this area’s passion for basil and penchant for pesto, which are the inspiration for this hearty salad. Two elements of this recipe use this Ligurian specialty: the roasted chicken breasts and the vinaigrette, which infuses all the fruits and vegetables with an herbaceous pop. We just discovered the culinary powerhouse combination that is peaches and pesto (wish it hadn’t taken this long!). A combination of savory, basil-fueled, salinity paired with sweet, juicy, peaches equals mega nom!
Ligurian Chicken Salad with Peaches
- 8 oz (or 2 thin) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ⅛ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 peach, cut into wedges
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh ciliegine mozzarella
- ½ cup mixed olives
- ½ cup marinated artichoke heart quarters
1) Pat the 2 chicken breast fillets dry with paper towels and coat in 3 tbsp of the pesto sauce (reserve the other tbsp of pesto sauce for the vinaigrette). Place the coated chicken in one of your Suvie pans. Place the pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 0 minutes
2) While the chicken is cooking, place the reserved 1 tbsp of pesto sauce in a medium bowl along with ⅛ cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp olive oil, whisk to combine the vinaigrette and set aside.
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and set the chicken aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
4) Divide 4 cups of arugula, peach wedges, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, ½ cup mozzarella, ½ cup mixed olives, and ½ cup artichoke hearts between 2 plates. Top the salads with the sliced chicken and drizzle with vinaigrette (or serve vinaigrette on the side).
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 595, Total Fat 37g, Total Carbohydrates 28g, Total Sodium 941mg, Total Protein 38g.