Garam masala is the star of the show in this easy and delicious meal where it flavors both the roasted shrimp and the vegetables. Made with a blend of different spices, garam masala lends warm, spiced notes without contributing any hot, fiery flavors. If you’d like a little heat, a ¼ tsp red pepper flakes or ⅛ a tsp cayenne pepper can be added to this dish.
Masala Shrimp with Potatoes and Greens
- 10 oz deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp garam masala, divided
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups frozen spinach or kale, thawed
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 1 tsp vegetable oil, ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Insert into top zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) While the vegetables broil, pat shrimp dry and transfer to a large bowl with 1 tsp vegetable oil, ¼ tsp salt, and remaining 1 tsp garam masala, tossing to full coat. Arrange shrimp on a Suvie roasting rack set inside a Suvie pan.
3) Remove onions from Suvie and stir in 12 oz cubed potatoes, 2 cups spinach or kale, 1 tsp vegetable oil. and ½ tsp salt. Return pan to top of Suvie. Insert shrimp into bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Broil for 13 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 35 minutes
4) Remove pans from Suvie. Stir potatoes and greens together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between plates with shrimp and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 400, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 1410mg, Total Protein 43g.