Come summer, farmers’ markets are bursting with produce so fresh that they need little cooking to make taste great. The majority of ingredients in this recipe are left raw to let their fresh flavors shine. We use the Suvie to cook the wheat berries until plump and perfectly toothsome and to cook the corn, which we sous vide, keeping all that summery corn flavor intact. Together, these ingredients produce a salad that is creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet, and the perfect representation of summer’s bounty.
Melon and Corn Salad with Burrata and Serrano Ham
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, separated
- ½ cup wheat berries
- 1 large ball of burrata or fresh mozzarella
- ½ cantaloupe
- 2 oz thinly sliced serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
1) Husk corn and vacuum seal with 1 tsp olive oil. Place corn in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place wheat berries in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 40 minutes
3) While the corn cooks, cut melon into bite size pieces and set aside in the refrigerator. Whisk remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and sherry vinegar together in a small bowl; set aside.
4) Once the corn has finished cooking, remove corn from vacuum bags. Cut kernels off the cob. Divide arugula, wheat berries, melon, corn, and serrano ham between two plates. Cut burrata in half, being careful not to lose too much cream, and place in the middle of each plate. Drizzle dressing over each salad and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 69g, Total Sodium 870mg, Total Protein 30g