This recipe highlights monkfish, which has a unique texture akin to lobster and a mild, sweet flavor. We serve our monkfish with a briny, herbaceous sauce, which consists of capers, anchovies, parsley, lemon juice, and a hint of paprika for a little smokiness. Make the sauce up to a day ahead and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Monkfish with Caper Herb Sauce
- 1 (8-10 oz) monkfish filet
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 2 anchovy filets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
1) Pat monkfish dry and season lightly with kosher salt and black pepper. Place in a vacuum bag, seal, and transfer to a Suvie pan and fill pan with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
2) While the monkfish cooks, combine parsley, anchovies, capers, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and ¼ tsp salt in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil and continue to puree for 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) After the monkfish has cooked, remove from packaging and pat dry. Heat butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. Add monkfish and cook for 30 seconds per side until golden. Cut monkfish filet in half.
4) Spoon herb sauce over the bottom of 2 plates. Top each serving with a monkfish filet, spooning any additional sauce over the top has desired.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 130°F for 30 minutes”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 400, Total Fat 36g, Total Carbohydrates 0g, Total Sodium 850mg, Total Protein 20g