This stew is so good we had it for dinner and then breakfast the next morning and so should you! The cannellini beans (also called white kidney beans or navy beans) and artichoke hearts become very tender and essentially melt in your mouth while the kale and carrots lend a delicious vegetable flavor to the dish. This recipe is so easy you can basically make it in your sleep and stores well overnight in the fridge or freeze it up for later. If you’ve got one handy, we recommend a slice of rustic bread to sop up all the stewy goodness left in your bowl.
My Cook: Italian White Bean Stew
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups packed kale, large stems discarded, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp black pepper
1) Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 cup onion, and 4 garlic cloves in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil until onion is translucent, about 10-12 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup carrots, 2 cups kale, 1 cup artichoke hearts, 2 tsp oregano, 2 tsp thyme, 1 can tomatoes, 1/4 cup marsala, 1/2 cup vegetable stock, 2 cans cannellini beans, 1 ½ tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
3) After the broil, add the onion and garlic to the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine. Pour the stew back into the Suvie pan and return pan to Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours and 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove the pan from Suvie and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Nutrition Info per Serving: Calories 470, Fat 19g, Sodium 1050mg, Carbs 57g, Protein 17g