My Cook: Mediterranean Shrimp with Orzo
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste based on spice preference)
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, diced medium (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, medium diced
- 8 oz orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1½ cups)
Add shrimp, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, can of drained diced tomatoes, and white wine to a vacuum-sealing bag. Make sure the contents of bag are evenly distributed before vacuum-sealing (here’s our DIY vacuum-sealing guide). Add bag to a Suvie pan, cover with water and load into upper right zone of Suvie.
Add diced onion and bell pepper to another Suvie pan and load into upper left zone of Suvie.
Pour orzo pasta into starch pan and load into Suvie. Fill reservoir, enter My Cook > Multi-Zone settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125˚F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 20 minutes
Starch: 8 minutes
During the cook, juice the lemon you zested, chop parsley, and crumble feta.
After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Discard water from shrimp pan, pat the pan dry and pour shrimp out of bag into the pan. Drain water from the pepper and onion pan and pat dry. Toss pepper and onion with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Return shrimp to the right side of Suvie and pepper and onion to the left. Set protein zone to broil for 5 minutes and vegetable zone for 10.
During the broil, remove orzo from Suvie, add to a large bowl and toss with remaining tbsp of olive oil. After the broil add the pepper and onion to the shrimp and pour shrimp and sauce over the orzo. Sprinkle with lemon juice, parsley, and feta cheese crumbles. Serve on four plates and enjoy!