These cookie bars pack a nutty punch thanks to a double dose of peanuts. The combination of ground honey roasted peanuts and peanut butter ensures toasty, peanut flavor in every bite. A touch of cinnamon adds a warming spice that compliments that natural flavor of the peanuts. Note: We don’t recommend natural peanut butter, which has a runnier texture than conventional peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
1) Place 1 cup honey roasted peanuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely ground, about 30 seconds. In a medium bowl, whisk together peanuts, ¾ cup flour, and ½ tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, combine 1 cup peanut butter. 6 tbsp butter, and 1 cup granulated sugar, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp baking soda, and ¼ tsp baking powder. Mix on low for 1 minute to combine and then increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3) With the mixer running, add the egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute.
4) Scrape down the bow and add the peanut flour mixture, increase speed to low and mix until just incorporated, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a greased, and parchment lined Suvie pan. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes)
Top Zone: None
5) Remove pan from Suvie and let cook for 10 minutes in the pan, before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (15 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 100mg, Total Protein 7g.