Poppy Seed Chicken is an all-American classic casserole that is incredibly easy to prepare and an absolute crowd-pleaser. We sous vide the chicken breast until juicy and tender, then shred it, combine it with a sour cream and cream of chicken soup, and blend until rich and delicious. Finally, the casserole is topped with a mix of crushed crackers, butter, and poppy seeds, then broiled to achieve a golden brown buttery crunchy top. This dish was a request by several of our Suvie users and we can’t thank them enough for suggesting such a delightful family favorite!
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅔ cup buttery round crackers, crushed (like Ritz)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
1) Salt and pepper chicken breast then vacuum seal with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and load into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In another Suvie pan, combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, black pepper, ½ tsp salt, garlic powder, and shredded parmesan cheese. Load into top cooking zone.
3) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings below, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
4) During the cook, combine the poppy seeds, crushed crackers, and melted butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
5) Remove both pans from Suvie. Shred the chicken breast then stir into the sour cream mixture, spreading into an even layer. Top casserole with the cracker crumb mixture.
6) Return pan to Suvie and broil until golden brown, 5-6 minutes, rotating halfway through the broil (watch closely to avoid burning). Remove from Suvie, divide between bowls, and serve.
Nutrition Info (per 1 serving, 4 servings per recipe): Calories 566, Total Fat 35.9g, Sodium, 1021.4mg, Total Carbs 19.7g, Protein 40.2g