Poppy Seed Chicken is an all-American classic casserole that is incredibly easy to prepare and an absolute crowd-pleaser. We sous vide the chicken breast until juicy and tender, then shred it, combine it with a sour cream and cream of chicken soup, and blend until rich and delicious. Finally, the casserole is topped with a mix of crushed crackers, butter, and poppy seeds, then broiled to achieve a golden brown buttery crunchy top. This dish was a request by several of our Suvie users and we can’t thank them enough for suggesting such a delightful family favorite!
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅔ cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
1) Season chicken with kosher salt and ground black pepper, then vacuum seal with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and load into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In another Suvie pan, combine 1 cup sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, ½ tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Load pan in the top cooking zone of Suvie, enter cook settings below, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
3) Meanwhile, stir together 1 tbsp poppy seeds, 2/3 crushed Ritz, and 3 tbsp melted butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
4) Remove both pans from Suvie. Shred the chicken breast then stir into the sour cream mixture, spreading into an even layer. Top casserole with the cracker crumb mixture.
5) Return pan to Suvie and Roast at 400°F until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes (watch closely to avoid burning). Remove from Suvie, divide between bowls, and serve.
Nutrition Info (per 1 serving, 4 servings per recipe): Calories 566, Total Fat 35.9g, Sodium, 1021.4mg, Total Carbs 19.7g, Protein 40.2g