Craving pizza but looking for something a little different? Try our fungi-focused, anytime pizza made with portobello mushrooms and all your favorite toppings. For this recipe, we made two versions: classic pepperoni and margarita. To swap in your own toppings, we suggest opting for ingredients with a low water content to prevent sogginess, such as oil marinated artichokes or cured meats. These personal pizzas are best enjoyed as soon as they are done cooking.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 6 tbsp tomato paste, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp mini pepperoni slices
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil
1) Lightly oil 4 portobello mushrooms and arrange them upside down in two Suvie pans. Inside each mushroom, spread 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste to the edge of the cap. Sprinkle each mushroom with ⅛ tsp garlic powder.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together 8 oz mozzarella cheese and 2 oz parmesan cheese. Spread cheese evenly inside the mushrooms.
3) Distribute 2 tbsp mini pepperonis over the cheese on two mushrooms, and distribute 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes over the cheese on the remaining two mushrooms. Insert the pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 300°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 300°F for 25 minutes
4) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie and top sundried tomato pizzas with 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil. Garnish with additional parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 346, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 16.8g, Total Sodium 686.5mg, Total Protein 28.1g