This guide will help you prepare a delicious meal using your sous vide ready shrimp and sauces. First we break down the best method for cooking your shrimp and heating up your sauces in Suvie. Then we provide recommendations for vegetables, grains, and pastas that pair perfectly with your shrimp and chef-crafted sauces. Lastly, we suggest our favorite combinations of sauces, vegetables, and starches to pair with your shrimp to build a complete meal.
Order your vacuum-sealed shrimp and gourmet sauces directly from Suvie.
For more information on temperature and cooking times for shrimp, click here.
1) Place vacuum-sealed shrimp into a Suvie pan and cover with water.
2) Insert the pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input the following settings, and cook now or schedule. If cooking from frozen, be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the shrimp from their packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Pour sauce* into a Suvie pan and insert into the top zone of Suvie. Arrange shrimp in a roasting rack set in a Suvie pan.
4) Set the top zone of Suvie to Reheat Mode for 15 minutes and the bottom zone to Broil for 5 minutes or until shrimp is browned and fragrant.
5) Divide shrimp between plates and serve with your selected sauce, or read on to learn how you can add your own vegetables and starches to build a complete meal.
*We recommend heating the Thai Coconut, Cilantro Lime, Lemon Herb, Marinara, Pesto, and Vodka Sauce in your Suvie. The Teriyaki, BBQ, Garlic Herb Butter, and Honey Mustard Glaze taste best when drizzled directly onto the shrimp before broiling.
Vegetable and Starch Suggestions (not included in your order)
Looking to round out your shrimp and sauce selections to create a complete meal? We have a roundup of all our favorite vegetables and starches that pair best with our delicious shrimp.
The best way to cook vegetables in your Suvie is to use the Broil or Roast Modes. Toss 10-12 oz (about 2 cups) vegetables with 1 tbsp olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a Suvie pan and input the following settings based on your vegetable selection.
– Asparagus: Broil for 15 minutes
– Broccoli Florets: Broil for 15 minutes
– Brussels Sprouts, halved: Broil for 20 minutes
– Cauliflower Florets: Broil for 20 minutes
– Green Beans: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
– Peppers and Onions, Sliced: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
– Snow Peas: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
– Zucchini and Summer Squash Slices: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Putting It All Together
Ready to create your meal? Here are our top 5 recommendations for the most delicious shrimp meals. We supply the sauce and the shrimp. You provide the vegetables and starches. Follow our cooking instructions above for the shrimp, vegetables, and sauces; pair them with precooked starches.
Arrabiata Shrimp with Marinara, Cauliflower, and Farfalle
Shrimp Penne Pesto with Green Beans
Thai Coconut Shrimp with Jasmine Rice and Broccoli
Chile Roasted Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Sauce, Brown Rice, and Brussels Sprouts
Lemon Herb Shrimp with Penne and Green Beans