This dead simple recipe for pumpkin pie bars relies on a dose of crystallized ginger for an ultra flavorful and crunchy crust. The filling is made with a no-bake method that only takes minutes to pull together – the only time you’ll have to spend is anxiously waiting for it to set. To make your own pumpkin pie spice, mix together 1 ½ tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, and ¼ tsp cloves.
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with aluminum foil so that the long edge of the foil extends over the edge of the pan. Spray foil. In the bowl of a food processor, combine 9 graham crackers, 2 tbsp crystallized ginger, and a pinch of kosher salt. Process until sandy and coarse, about 1 minute. With motor running, stream in 6 tbsp melted butter and process until combined, about 30 seconds.
2) Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, and watching closely to avoid burning (if baking this in Suvie 2.0, we recommend 10 minutes).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. In a medium microwave bowl, whisk together 1 cup cream and 1 tbsp gelatin. Let sit 5 minutes.
4) Microwave cream mixture for 1 minute. In a separate microwave safe bowl, whisk together 1 can pumpkin puree, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, and ½ tsp kosher salt. Microwave for 2 minutes.
5) Add cream mixture to pumpkin mixture, whisking to combine. Pour mixture onto cooled crust. Transfer pan to refrigerator to set for 3 hours. Remove bars from pan with foil sling. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 220, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 180mg, Total Protein 2g.