These fluffy, warm dinner rolls are quick and easy to make. They’re so quick that this recipe can be started in the afternoon and enjoyed by dinnertime. The rolls require one hour of proofing and one hour of baking. We recommend keeping a close eye on the rolls during the first 15 minutes of baking. Because the rolls cook so close to the heating element, they can brown faster than in a conventional oven. If you find them getting a little too dark, we recommend covering the rolls with a small piece of foil.
Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk, about 110°F
- ⅓ cup neutral oil or melted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- ¾ tsp table salt
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups bread flour
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine 1 cup warm milk, ⅓ cup oil, 2 tbsp sugar, and 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
2) Add ¾ tsp salt, 1 large egg, and 1 cup bread flour to the bowl. Mix on low to incorporate and then increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes, until dough is cohesive and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
3) Cover dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Punch down dough and transfer to a lightly floured counter. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and roll into balls. Spray 2 Suvie pans with cooking spray and divide dough between the two pans. Insert into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Proof at 90°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Proof at 90°F for 15 minutes
4) After proofing, remove the rolls from Suvie. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining egg and a pinch of salt. Brush egg wash over rolls and then return pans to Suvie. Input settings and cook now (keep an eye on the rolls, if they start to brown too quickly cover them with foil).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 300°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 300°F for 60 minutes
5) Remove rolls from Suvie and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack. Serve with soft butter and flaky salt
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 190, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 110mg, Total Protein 5g.