This Danish may be the most beautiful dish to grace your breakfast table. Delicate layers of puff pastry are braided across a rich filling of cream cheese and ruby red raspberry jam. A long slow cook gives the puff pastry plenty of time to cook and a final broil step crisps the top to a flakey finish. Although somewhat gratuitous, a simple glaze of milk and powdered sugar adds a little extra sweetness; if you’d like, you can omit the glaze altogether. Whether you use the glaze or not, this dish is every bit as delicious to eat as it is attractive to look at.
[recipe title=”Raspberry Cheese Danish” servings=”6″ time=”25 minutes” difficulty=”5 hours and 40 minutes”]
- 1 (8 oz) puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes.
2) Whisk raspberry jam and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
3) Cut a piece of parchment into a 9×12″ rectangle. Lay defrosted puff pastry onto parchment. Spread the cream cheese mixture lengthwise over the middle of the dough in a 3-inch wide band. Top cream cheese mixture with raspberry jam.
4) Using a sharp knife or scissors, cut ½-inch wide strips at an angle into both sides of the dough.
Alternate pulling strips of dough from each side over the filling to form a braid.
5) Using the parchment as a sling, carefully transfer danish to a Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 3 hours
6) After the cook, broil danish for 4-8 minutes until golden brown. Allow danish to cool for 10 minutes.
Whisk powdered sugar and milk together until smooth and then drizzle over danish. Cut into slices and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 3 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 56g, Total Sodium 310mg, Total Protein 5g