This Danish may be the most beautiful dish to grace your breakfast table. Delicate layers of puff pastry are braided across a rich filling of cream cheese and ruby red raspberry jam. A long slow cook gives the puff pastry plenty of time to cook and a final broil step crisps the top to a flakey finish. Although somewhat gratuitous, a simple glaze of milk and powdered sugar adds a little extra sweetness; if you’d like, you can omit the glaze altogether. Whether you use the glaze or not, this dish is every bit as delicious to eat as it is attractive to look at.
Raspberry Cheese Danish
- 1 (8 oz) puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes.
2) Whisk raspberry jam and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
3) Cut a piece of parchment into a 9×12″ rectangle. Lay defrosted puff pastry onto parchment. Spread the cream cheese mixture lengthwise over the middle of the dough in a 3-inch wide band. Top cream cheese mixture with raspberry jam.
4) Using a sharp knife or scissors, cut ½-inch wide strips at an angle into both sides of the dough.
Alternate pulling strips of dough from each side over the filling to form a braid.
5) Using the parchment as a sling, carefully transfer danish to a Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 3 hours
6) After the cook, broil danish for 4-8 minutes until golden brown. Allow danish to cool for 10 minutes.
Whisk powdered sugar and milk together until smooth and then drizzle over danish. Cut into slices and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 3 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 56g, Total Sodium 310mg, Total Protein 5g