This recipe is a creamy, dreamy oatmeal dish with pops of fresh lemon zest and sweet-tart blackberries. Steel cut oats are slow cooked with whole milk and ricotta for a super smooth and creamy texture. A little honey, cinnamon, and lemon zest round out this recipe adding balance and flavor. Blackberries are a favorite as an oatmeal topping, providing vibrant color and tangy bite.
Ricotta and Honey Oatmeal with Fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp honey (plus more for drizzling)
- 4 cups whole milk
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
1) In a large bowl, whisk together oats, honey, milk, ricotta, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt until combined.
2) Transfer oatmeal mixture to a Suvie pan and insert into the top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input setting, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook
Low, 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, stir, and divide the oatmeal between 4 bowls. Top oatmeal with blackberries and mint and drizzle with additional honey, if desired, before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 282, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 33g, Total Sodium 285mg, Total Protein 14g