This recipe is a creamy, dreamy oatmeal dish with pops of fresh lemon zest and sweet-tart blackberries. Steel cut oats are slow cooked with whole milk and ricotta for a super smooth and creamy texture. A little honey, cinnamon, and lemon zest round out this recipe adding balance and flavor. Blackberries are a favorite as an oatmeal topping, providing vibrant color and tangy bite.
Ricotta and Honey Oatmeal with Fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp honey (plus more for drizzling)
- 4 cups whole milk
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
1) In a large bowl, whisk together oats, honey, milk, ricotta, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt until combined.
2) Transfer oatmeal mixture to a Suvie pan and insert pan into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, stir, and divide the oatmeal between 4 bowls. Top oatmeal with blackberries and mint and drizzle with additional honey, if desired, before serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 282, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 33g, Total Sodium 285mg, Total Protein 14g