Roasting salmon quickly at a high temperature yields beautifully flaky fish with crunchy skin. In this recipe, we first roast the salmon for 15 minutes, skin side up, to achieve the crisp texture we desired and then turn it over and broil the bottom to finish. This method ensures the salmon is perfectly cooked from top to bottom. When shopping for salmon, look for filets from the tail, which are narrower and fit well in the Suvie.
Roasted Salmon with Radishes and Green Beans
- 12 oz skin-on salmon filet
- 3 large radishes, quartered
- 4 oz green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley or chives
- 2 lemon wedges
1) Spray a Suvie roasting rack with cooking spray and place in a Suvie pan. Season salmon filet with salt and pepper and place skin-side up on the roasting rack.
2) In a second Suvie pan combine radishes, green beans, 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Stirring to coat vegetables in oil. Insert vegetables into the top zone of your Suvie and salmon into the bottom zone. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Gently invert salmon onto a cutting board, and return to roasting pan skin side down. Return salmon to bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through and fragrant.
4) Transfer salmon to a cutting board and cut into two pieces. Divide salmon and vegetables between plates. Garnish with herbs and season with fresh lemon juice.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 1290mg, Total Protein 36g.