This recipe takes advantage of the bounty of ripe cherry tomatoes in the summertime. A long slow cook softens the tomatoes and makes them rich and juicy. Broiling them after slow cooking them helps to caramelize their natural sugars making them extra sweet. We reserve a portion of the cherry tomatoes and reincorporate them raw into the finished dish for a bright, fresh pop of flavor. We’ve left the grated parmesan optional for those who forgo dairy.
Roasted Tomato Basil Pasta
- 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, plus ½ cup, separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz rigatoni
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Stir garlic and olive oil together in a small bowl. Place 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes in a Suvie pan. Drizzle the garlic oil over the tomatoes. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and insert into the top of your Suvie.
- Place rigatoni in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
HIGH, 1 hour
Starch: 11 minutes
- During the cook, cut remaining cherry tomatoes in half.
- Once the tomatoes have finished cooking, remove rigatoni and transfer to a large bowl. Broil tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Chop the basil and then add to the bowl with the rigatoni along with the broiled tomatoes and reserved raw tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 49g, Total Sodium 250mg, Total Protein 7g