Transform boxed brownie mix into luxuriously rich and decadent rocky road brownies with a few simple hacks. Studded with toasted nuts and chewy marshmallows, these treats have all the best parts of everyone’s favorite ice cream flavor. We typically like our brownies underdone with a slight gooey center. If you would prefer more fully cooked brownies, we recommend adding 5-10 minutes to the cook time.
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box brownie mix
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans, plus extra to top
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, plus extra to top
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 large egg, ½ cup vegetable oil, ¼ cup water, and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Add the brownie mix and whisk until just incorporated. Stir in ½ cup pecans and ½ cup marshalls until combined.
2) Transfer batter to a greased Suvie pan and sprinkle extra pecans and marshmallows on top, pressing lightly to adhere. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule. After 10 minutes, cover pan with foil.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes)
Top Zone: None
3) After the brownies have baked, remove from Suvie and allow to cool completely in the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (10 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 220mg, Total Protein 3g.