This recipe is quick, delicious, and easy – perfect when you want dinner on the table fast. Italian sausages are roasted until crispy and then stirred together with garlicky white beans and greens. If you like, serve this dish with pasta, bread, or polenta to round out the meal.
Sausage, Beans, and Greens
- 4 small Italian sausages or 2 large, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups hearty greens, such as kale or chard, torn into large pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, such as navy or cannellini
1) Place sausages, cut-side down, in a greased Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In a large bowl, stir together 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, ½ tsp salt, 6 cups hearty greens, and 1 can white beans. Transfer mixture to a Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
3) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Season beans and greens with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Divide greens and beans between bowls, top with roasted sausages, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 27g, Total Sodium 950mg, Total Protein 23g