Trust us when we say that looks are deceiving when it comes to this recipe. While not a looker, this dish is beyond delicious thanks to a flavor-packed blend of fish sauce and brown sugar. Sesame roasted shiitakes add umami richness to the decadent pork. Served atop a bed of scallion rice and finished with a squeeze of tart lime juice, this meal will have you coming back for more.
Scallion Rice Bowls with Sweet Ginger Pork
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 lb ground pork
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions, plus extra
- 1 lime, quartered
1) In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp ginger, ¼ cup fish sauce, and ¼ cup brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Place 1 lb ground pork in a Suvie pan and drizzle fish sauce mixture over. Stir gently to incorporate. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Place 12 oz shiitake mushrooms in a second Suvie pan and drizzle 1 tsp sesame oil over. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
3) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
4) After the pork and mushrooms have finished cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Mash pork with a spoon to break into smaller pieces and then stir in mushrooms.
5) Fluff rice with a fork and stir in ½ cup scallions. Spoon rice into bowls and top with pork and mushrooms. Garnish with extra scallions and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 77g, Total Sodium 1520mg, Total Protein 31g.