Meaty steak, crispy broccoli, herby basil, and creamy vinaigrette come together in this delicious dish. We use Suvie’s own seasoned, vacuum sealed steak to cut down on prep time. After we sous vide and then sear the steak, we add the par-steamed broccoli to the hot skillet to absorb the meaty flavors of the steak and to get a slight char, which brings out the broccoli’s natural sweetness. A simple vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, and olive oil adds creaminess and tanginess that ties each delicious component together.
Seared Steak with Charred Broccoli and Basil
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 2 (5 oz) sirloin steaks, vacuum sealed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
1) Place broccoli florets in a Suvie pan and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Insert pan into the top left zone of your Suvie.
2) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 16 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) While the steak cooks, whisk red wine vinegar, olive oil, and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper and then set aside.
4) After the cook, remove pans from your Suvie. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Pour off water from broccoli pan and pat broccoli dry. Remove steaks from vacuum bags and pat dry.
5) Add vegetable oil to the skillet, swirling to coat. Add the steaks and cook for 1 minute or until browned. Flip steaks over and sear for 1 minute on the opposite side. Remove steaks and add broccoli, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender and slightly charred. Remove pan from heat and stir in basil leaves.
6) Divide broccoli and steaks between plates and top with reserved dressing
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Total Sodium 930mg, Total Protein 35g