This low-calorie meal is a refreshing combination of some truly sensational flavors. For those who have struggled with cooking fish, or those that may be a little leery after one too many failed attempts, using the sous vide method to cook your fish is ideal. If this is your first time cooking cod in your Suvie, we have a handy guide available to assist you. The cod in this recipe is seasoned with toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and topped with a savory-spicy sambal chili sauce. To cool your palate, we paired the fish with a vibrant tropical chop salad, loaded with pineapple, mango, cucumber, and avocado.
Sesame Sambal Cod with Tropical Chopped Salad
- 2 (6 oz) cod fillets
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced mango
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
1) Pat cod fillets dry with paper towels. Drizzle cod with the sesame oil and, using your hands, gently rub the garlic, ginger, and ½ tsp salt over the fillets.
2) Vacuum seal the cod using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place sealed cod in a Suvie pan and fill the pan with water. Place the pan in the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F, 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) While the cod cooks, place pineapple, mango, cucumber, avocado, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Drizzle salad with vinegar and honey, toss to combine. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
4) After the cook, remove pan from your Suvie, drain water from the pan, and remove cod from packaging, discarding any excess liquid in the bag.
5) Divide salad between 2 plates and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide cod between plates, spooning sambal over each fillet.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 291, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 466mg, Total Protein 22g.