This classic takeout meal is delicious and easy to make at home. Start the shrimp, rice, and vegetables in your Suvie and finish in a hot skillet to tie them all together. A simple sauce of lime juice, brown sugar, and fish sauce add the right amount of tangy, salty, and sweet flavors. If desired, garnish your shrimp fried rice with sriracha, crushed salted peanuts, and lime juice for extra flavor.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 tsp, separated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1″) piece ginger, peeled and minced
1) Place vacuum sealed shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Place peas and carrots and 1 tbsp water in a Suvie pan and insert into top zone of Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 10 minutes
2) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
3) While the shrimp cooks, whisk fish sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
4) After the cook, remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add ginger and garlic, stirring to coat in oil, cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and cook for 4-5 minutes until rice is crisp.
5) Add shrimp, carrots, peas to skillet, stirring to incorporate. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and a pinch of salt. Push rice mixture to edges of pan and pour 1 tsp vegetable oil into the center. Add eggs, stirring constantly to scramble. Fold eggs into rice mixture.
6) Remove pan from heat and stir in reserved fish sauce mixture. Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 690, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 127g, Total Sodium1030 mg, Total Protein 46g