This classic takeout meal is delicious and easy to make at home. Start the shrimp, rice, and vegetables in your Suvie and finish in a hot skillet to tie them all together. Suvie’s shrimp are delivered vacuum sealed to speed your prep time along. A simple sauce of lime juice, brown sugar, and fish sauce add the right amount of tangy, salty, and sweet flavors. If desired, garnish your shrimp fried rice with sriracha, crushed salted peanuts, and extra lime juice for extra flavor.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 tsp, separated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1″) piece ginger, peeled and minced
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water and insert into top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place rice in a starch pan and insert into bottom right zone of Suvie. Place peas and carrots in a Suvie pan and insert into top left zone of Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 10 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
3) While the shrimp cooks, whisk fish sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Set aside.
4) After the cook, remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry.
5) Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add ginger and garlic, stirring to coat in oil, cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and cook for 4-5 minutes until rice is crisp.
Add shrimp, carrots, peas, stirring to incorporate.
6) In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and a pinch of salt. Push rice mixture to edges of pan and pour 1 tsp vegetable oil into the center. Add eggs, stirring constantly to scramble. Fold eggs into rice mixture. Remove pan from heat and stir in fish sauce mixture. Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 690, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 127g, Total Sodium1030 mg, Total Protein 46g