Ultra-thin skirt steak is the perfect quick-quicking protein for Suvie. Elevated on the roasting rack, the skirt steak gets hit with intense broiler heat for 10 minutes – that’s all that’s needed to get perfect browning on the outside with a rosy pink interior. We serve the rich steak with a tangy garlic herb sauce, ideal for drizzling over each meaty slice of steak. Note that if you have particularly thick pieces of skirt steak, you may need to add 2-5 minutes to the broiling time.
Skirt Steak with Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, divided
1) Pat steak dry and rub all over with 1 tsp olive oil and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Arrange steak on a Suvie roasting pan (handles down) set inside a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Broil for 10 minutes
Top Zone: Broil for 0 minutes
2) While the steak cooks, prepare the sauce. In a medium bowl, combine 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tbsp shallot, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, ¼ cup parsley, 1 pinch red pepper flakes, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Remove steak from Suvie and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain into thin pieces. Divide between plates and top with garlic herb sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 230mg, Total Protein 23g.