This veggie-centric meal is a vibrant combination of ingredients and flavors. Split and scored zucchini are seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper before being cooked until fork-tender. A little session under the broiler caramelizes the tops of the zucchini for a photo worthy finish. A side dish of Israeli couscous, cherry tomatoes, and fresh mini-mozzarella dressed with a little sprinkle of fresh basil is a delicious accompaniment to the zucchini. A taste of summer, no matter the time of year.
Slow Cooked Zucchini with Caprese Couscous
- 2 zucchini, halved and scored
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1) Divide zucchini between two Suvie pans and season with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the pans in the top two zones of your Suvie.
2) Place couscous into the starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook
High, 1 hour
Starch: 9 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer the couscous to a medium bowl and set aside to cool, for 10 minutes. Broil zucchini for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove both pans from your Suvie and set aside.
4) Once the couscous has cooled, add tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil to the bowl, toss to combine, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Divide the couscous and zucchini between 2 plates. Drizzle zucchini with any remaining pan juices before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 732, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 84g, Total Sodium 1157mg, Total Protein 35g.