A snickerdoodle is essentially a velvety sugar cookie with ample amounts of cinnamon, and we love this cookie for its simplicity. In this recipe we took the traditional snickerdoodle and turned it into an ethereal cake-like bar, perfect after dinner or with a cup of coffee. We top the bars with turbinado (or demerara) sugar for a crunchy finish.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine 4 tbsp unsalted butter, ¼ cup coconut oil, ¾ cup sugar, ½ tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix on low speed to incorporate and then increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
2) With the mixer running, add the egg and beat to incorporate. Reduce speed to low and add half the flour followed by half the milk. Repeat until a stiff batter forms.
3) Line a Suvie pan with aluminum foil and then mist with cooking spray. Transfer the batter to a prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp turbinado sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over the batter. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes (for Suvie 2.0, Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes)
Top Zone: None
4) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Remove bars from pan and cut into pieces.
Nutritional Information per serving (10 servings per recipe): Calories 210, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 125mg, Total Protein 2g.