Bluefish is a rich and oily fish found throughout temperate and tropical waters of the world. While not everyone loves the rich taste of bluefish, we love that this hearty fish can stand up to bold flavors. In our sous vide blue fish recipe we pair bluefish filets with smoky, garlicky butter for a finished dish that is filled with flavor. A squeeze of lemon and shower of herbs makes for perfect plating and adds a touch of acid and freshness.
Sous Vide Blue Fish with Smoky Garlic Butter
- 1 (12 oz) bluefish filet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
1) Pat bluefish filet dry and season all over with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and place in a vacuum bag. Seal fish, place in a Suvie pan and cover with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 45 minutes
2) While the bluefish cooks, stir together unsalted butter, garlic, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
3) After the blue fish is done cooking, remove from bag and pat dry. Place Suvie strainer in a pan and place fish on top. Spread smoky garlic butter over the filet and return pan to your Suvie.
4) Broil fish for 2-4 minutes or until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Remove from Suvie, cut into two portions, and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 125°F for 45 minutes”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 0g, Total Sodium 1290mg, Total Protein 44g.