Bring the flavors of the southwest to your table with this delicious chicken salad. Packed with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and onion, this salad has lots of flavors, textures, and colors to keep things fresh and interesting. This recipe can easily be doubled to accommodate more people. For a more filling meal, serve this salad over rice.
Southwest Chicken Salad
- 1 (7 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast, vacuum sealed
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups mixed leafy greens
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ½ lime
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) Just before the chicken is done cooking, divide leafy greens between two plates and drizzle each with half the ranch dressing. Season black beans, corn, avocado, onion, and tomatoes lightly with salt and then divide between plates.
3) Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry. Thinly slice chicken and divide between plates. Drizzle remaining ranch dressing over each salad and garnish with fresh lime juice just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 23g, Total Sodium 1090mg, Total Protein 27g