These rich and custardy eggs flecked with roasted red peppers and parmesan cheese are the perfect breakfast dish. To wake you up, we’ve included spicy red pepper flakes, which you could easily double to really bring the heat. We’re garnishing the eggs with cilantro for a fresh and cooling finish, but basil or parsley would also work well. Prepare and schedule this dish today and have it waiting for you tomorrow morning when you wake up.
[recipe title=”Spicy Red Pepper Eggs” servings=”6″ time=”10 minutes” difficulty=”2 hours and 30 minutes”]
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sour cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in the parmesan cheese and roasted red bell peppers.
3) Spray an empty Suvie pan with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
4) Remove eggs from your Suvie, cut into pieces, garnish eggs with cilantro, and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 160, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 410mg, Total Protein 9g