When peach season rolls around we can’t help but find myriad uses for this juicy summer fruit. A tangy and sweet peach salsa is the perfect pairing for spicy peel-and-eat shrimp. Chili powders vary considerably in their spiciness, so be sure to select one that suits your tastes. For the spice averse, replace the chili powder with an equal amount of smoked paprika.
Spicy Shrimp with Peach Salsa
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 lb deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
1) In a medium bowl, stir together 2 finely chopped peaches, 1 finely chopped shallot, ½ minced jalapeno, 1 tbsp minced cilantro, 1 tbsp lime juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, stir together 1 lb shrimp, 1 tbsp canola oil, 2 tsp chili powder, and ¼ tsp salt until shrimp is fully coated.
3) Set 2 Suvie roasting racks into 2 Suvie pans and spray with cooking spray. Divide shrimp between the two pans. Place pans in Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes
4) Remove shrimp from Suvie and divide between plates. Spoon reserved salsa over the shrimp and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 130, Total Fat 5g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 790mg, Total Protein 16g.