The bright, fresh flavors of spring are highlighted in this brilliant green spring soup. Tender asparagus, sweet peas, flavorful leeks, and creamy white beans are all slow cooked in vegetable broth until tender. Just before serving we stir in fresh tarragon and a squeeze of lemon juice for an extra herbaceous punch of flavor. If you have trouble finding tarragon, you can substitute it with another tender herb, such as basil or parsley.
Note: If you would like to schedule this cook, but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, sautes the olive oil, leek, salt, and pepper, in a large skillet over medium heat until softened, about 6 minutes, instead of broiling in Step 1.
Spring Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green portion, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 4 stalks asparagus, cut into 2″ pieces
- ½ cup peas
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together olive oil, leek, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
2) After broiling, stir asparagus, peas, spinach, vegetable broth, and navy beans into the leeks. Return pan to Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 45 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pan from your Suvie and stir in tarragon and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 370, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 59g, Total Sodium 1350mg, Total Protein 19g.