With minimal ingredients and basically zero prep, our garlic and lemon pasta makes the perfect base for those farmers market sugar snap peas. To bring out their beautiful vibrant green color and keep them crunchy yet tender, we’ve steamed the peas. We’ve also used salted butter and Parmesan cheese in place of added kosher salt. For a higher protein option, try pairing it with our Salmon Scampi or Roasted Shrimp Cocktail.
Sugar Snap Pea and Lemon Pasta
- 8 oz farfalle pasta
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, from ½ a lemon
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1) Place 8 oz farfalle pasta in the Suvie starch strainer, place strainer into the pasta pot (green handles), and place the lid on top. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker on the hot plate, close the door, ensure drain tray is in place. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 3 cups, 10 minutes
2) Pour ½ cup water into a Suvie pan and then set a Suvie roasting rack inside the pan. Arrange 8 oz sugar snap peas on top of the rack. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Add 5 tbsp butter and 1 clove garlic to another Suvie pan, and insert the pan into the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Steam for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 5 minutes
4) After the farfalle has cooked, remove pot from the Suvie Starch Cooker.
5) After cooking, remove the pans from your Suvie. Add 2 tbsp lemon juice to the butter sauce and stir.
6) In a large bowl, mix together farfalle pasta, butter sauce, and sugar snap peas. To serve, divide pasta mixture between bowls and garnish with fresh ground pepper, 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese and ¼ tsp lemon zest.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 371, Total Fat 16.1g, Total Carbohydrates 43.3g, Total Sodium 197.4mg, Total Protein 10.4g