This eastern Mediterranean-inspired salmon recipe makes for a delicious lunch or light dinner. Sumac, a tart and citrusy spice, and turmeric are blended with a little salt and olive oil for a simple and savory rub. The salmon is served with a garlicky whipped feta and a little arugula-cucumber side salad. In this recipe, we sous vide the salmon to just about medium-rare. If you would like your salmon cooked to a different doneness, we have a handy sous vide salmon guide.
Sumac and Turmeric Sous Vide Salmon with Creamy Whipped Feta
- 2 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp ground sumac
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
1) Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towels and season all over with 1 tsp turmeric, 1 ½ tsp sumac, ½ tsp salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil, using your hands to rub the seasoning into the salmon.
2) Vacuum seal fillets using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place sealed salmon fillets in a Suvie pan, fill with water, and place in the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 1 hour
3) While the salmon is cooking, place ½ cup feta, ¼ cup yogurt, and garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate whipped feta until ready to serve.
4) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and drain. Remove the salmon from the vacuum bag(s) and reserve any excess liquid.
5) Divide salmon, whipped feta, cucumber, and arugula between 2 plates. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 463, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 14g, Total Sodium 1096mg, Total Protein 43g.