Skip the pizza delivery tonight and treat yourself and your family to a pizza-themed tortellini bake. All the supreme pizza ingredients you love, including sausage, pepperoni, peppers, and olives, are tossed with cheese tortellini and your favorite jarred pasta sauce. Then our fully-loaded tortellinis are topped with mozzarella cheese and baked to ooey-gooey perfection. This is an easy 30 minute meal from start to finish and a dinner that will certainly please a picky crowd. For the extra persnickety or for pizza topping purists, feel free to modify your supreme pizza tortellini bake with your preferred ingredients.
Supreme Pizza Tortellini Bake
- 4 oz spicy or sweet Italian sausage
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cheese tortellini (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 cups marinara
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
1) Lightly grease a Suvie pan and crumble in 4 oz Italian sausage. Add ⅓ cup green bell peppers and 3 tbsp diced red onion to the sausage, reserving the remaining peppers and onion for topping.
2) Place the pan in the top zone of your Suvie and broil for 10-15 minutes, stirring the sausage and vegetables halfway through. Remove the pan from your Suvie, drain, and discard any pan drippings. Transfer sausage and vegetables to a large bowl.
3) Add 1 lb tortellini, 2 cups marinara sauce, ⅓ cup pepperoni, 3 tbsp olives, and 2 minced garlic cloves to the bowl with the sausage, stirring to combine (reserve the remaining pepperoni and olives for topping).
4) Transfer the contents of the bowl to the Suvie pan and spread out in an even layer. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and top with the reserved bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, and olives. Place the pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: None
5) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and divide tortellini bake between 4 plates or bowls. Garnish with 2 tbsp chopped basil before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 665, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 80g, Total Sodium 1556mg, Total Protein 29g.